Popular Posts

Monday, December 16, 2013

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

9 DAYS!

Although we will not be spending our first family Christmas in a "forever home", we have decorated the apartment and are looking forward to celebrating the holiday.

As we were decorating the tree, Daniel LOVED to touch the branches and ornaments. He is so amazed by the twinkling lights and the needles falling from the branches. It's so special to see his sweet innocence.

We're excited to see him unwrap the gifts and play with his new goodies. We got him toys that are age appropriate, as well as learning tools for him to be challenged by. It's so important to not only give them something to play with, but to give them something that they can learn by. I know, I know.. He's only 8 months old. But, babies learn early! Even though he can't communicate that he is learning something, I know he is!

He's getting to really love pulling up on everything, so I have to keep my eye on him around the tree especially! 

As for the housing situation, we have decided to rent our apartment for one more year (technically it's a 13 month contract). Although we are not happy about this, it will go by quick and we will start the search come September.

I'm going to take Daniel to see Santa this week.. Yay! Hopefully he cooperates..

I tried to make the salt dough ornaments yesterday. I guess I should get a new timer, because I left them in the oven for WAY too long, and they look like sand dollars! Oh well, it's the thought that counts =)

We hope you all are having fun getting ready for the upcoming holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment