Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Beautiful Moments


Days are hectic. From morning to night, there are so many things in between that go by without the blink of an eye. Our nursing time is often one of those. I usually have my phone, scrolling through Instagram or Facebook.

Looking back at the old photos yesterday, I realized that I am taking these moments for granted. There are so many mothers who would do anything to have this bond with their child, to share this sweet and innocent time with them. 

Every night I nurse, and then rock Daniel to sleep. Without a fail, it is what soothes him and gets him to bed. It's not only comforting to him, but to me as well. It is our way of winding down together. As I look at Daniel, I realize how much time is actually passing, how much time I take for granted.

He is so big now, the size of my whole upper body, and past my hips. But at night, when he is nursing in the rocking chair, I still see my newborn baby. (Insert crying hormonal momma here..AKA..Me right now). He is so innocent and pure, and I always wonder how I got so lucky with him. God has blessed me with such an amazing gift, an amazing bond with my son that is unbreakable. He needs me, but I actually need him more.

Breastfeeding is a beautiful thing. Most pass it by as sexual, time consuming, hard, not worth it, etc..etc. That's all wrong. It is worth it to push past the growth spurts, the long nights where you don't get a break because you're the only one feeding baby, milk supply issues.. It's worth it to have that bond with your child, (yes, formula feeding moms can bond with their babies too) but this bond is different. It's strong, reliable, never failing. I am so glad I pushed past everything that was becoming an obstacle, because he is worth it.

Don't take the simplest moments for granted. It's easy to because we get so wrapped up with whats going on during the day. But stop, sit down and appreciate the beautiful moments happening, as some people wish they could do the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment