Popular Posts

Monday, February 3, 2014

10 Months; Letter for Daniel

Holy Moly! TEN months have gone by since I have had this little munchkin in my life. I never thought I would be where I am today at this time, but I could not have pictured a more perfect life for us. God has shown me SO much beauty in life through having Daniel, and I could never be more thankful.


He is a growing weed, doing something new and exciting each day. Such as: Standing alone, walking more, says NaNa, Mhm (every time he has something he likes!), Mo (for more), following my EVERY move!




Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on replay in our household. Every time that it comes on, he immediately switches his full attention to it, and will watch for as long as it's on! I'm thinking Mickey birthday for his Second party! =)


Speaking of parties, his 1st Birthday Party is in FULL swing! I am on an ordering frenzy making sure I have everything & more for this! Im having more fun planning this than my wedding.. hah! It's going to be a pretty big party, having around 20 kids, and the adults. I am looking forward to all the fun! And, if anyone has fun ideas for the kids to play, PLEASE share your wisdom, it's much appreciated!

On that note, the other night as I was looking at Daniel in his sweet slumber, I got the urge to write him a letter. I found this idea on Pinterest..writing a letter each year, and giving to him on his 18th birthday. I know it is two months away from him being the big ONE, but it was in this moment that I knew would be perfect to write his first letter. 


Daniel,

You are almost a one year old, and growing so beautifully. To this day, I look at you every morning and am still in awe that you are mine. I remember wanting you so badly, and to feel your love each day. However, I never could have imagined what being your mother would entail. Your love is so strong and so sweet, that even when I am in the worst of moods, one glimpse of you makes it all better. You love to test my temper, but right as I am getting to my limit, you flash your toothy grin and I cant help but smile myself. I love watching you learn new words and gestures. It’s funny because every time you learn something new, you associate it with everything. I assume it’s your way of remembering. The way you light up when daddy gets home from work makes my heart burst with happiness, even though you get really hyper and never want to settle down. I love when you wake up in the morning, eyes all squinty, hair a mess, and you start to mumble your words. You are always so happy to start the day, and no one will take that away from you. When you are sad, I promise to always comfort you. And when you are scared, I will be there to take the fear away. I love the way you crawl over to me, wherever I am (even in the bathroom), and start laughing because you’ve found me. I secretly love when you are clingy and don’t let me get anything done, because I would much rather cuddle with you than fold laundry. When you fall and can immediately start laughing, it reminds me that pain is only temporary, a lesson I hope you have instilled in you growing up. You have taught me so many lessons in these short 12 months, more than I have learned in my 21 years. I am constantly second guessing my parenting, but when you are smiling in your sweet sleep, those worries fade away. Seeing the way your daddy loves you, leaves me with such peace. You will both share an inseparable bond, one that I enjoy watching strengthen each day. In the middle of the night, when you cry and I dread going to get you, my heart melts as you wrap your arms around me and drift back to sleep. As your mother, I will always protect you; along with let you learn some lessons the hard way. I will be there when you fail, and I will help you get back to the top. You are so insightful and wise, the way I see you think about something or when you are looking upon someone. I pray that you will be faithful to God, as he has created you and watched over you since you were an unborn baby. "My son, observe the commandment of your father and do not forsake the teaching of your mother; bind them continually on your heart; tie them around your neck. When you walk about, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk to you. For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light; and reproofs for discipline are the way of life." 

No matter how old you may be, you will always be my baby.

Love,


Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment