Popular Posts

Saturday, February 22, 2014

What is "perfect"?

* Per - fect

having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be. *


Why do people use this term so freely? Nothing is perfect. Let's face it, there is always something to be achieved. No body has the perfect life, because life is hard. I hear so many people tell me "I want your life, it's perfect." It's hard to hold back my tounge when I hear that. 

My life is NOT perfect, and I would never play it out to be that way. We struggle just like any other human being. Being a young mom & wife is stressful. There are so many things behind closed doors that I do not show to the world. Perception is killer. One can not possibly know everything about someone from what is posted on social media, therefor assumptions become made, and expectations start to happen. 

So many young girls want this "perfect" life. Marriage, family, a home, money... But at what price? Are you willing to throw your happiness away in order to have all this so young until it consumes you, and nothing is left but loneliness?

I love my husband, and I love my son. I have struggled with this whole thing happening so quick. Expenses add up, and it becomes overwhelming. I value happiness much more than jumping into something because I want a "perfect" life. Alex and I got married after almost four years of being together. We became best friends, and then spouses. I love our family, and I cherish it more than anything. I am truly happy, because we had time to work out our differences, and built a marriage on a solid foundation. That is the most important. 

If you're reading this, and you are one who wants to jump into everything at once... I ask you to wait. Build that foundation and grow from it. Get your mind out of fairy land, and step into reality. Stop assuming that every couple has a perfect life because that's what you see.. Things are much different than what they seem. 




No comments:

Post a Comment