Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Playing Catch Up

Hi All! I have finally created a blog, which will be portraying Daniel's life through pictures! I'm going to try my best to post every day, and hopefully you all enjoy!

So first of all, I have a lot of catching up to do. Since I have procrastinated making this blog for three months, I have that much to recap on! Daniel amazes me each day, growing like a weed, and discovering new things. He is truly a blessing, and I am lucky to have him in my life.

Over these past three months, he has changed so much. It is really astonishing to see the growth and development that babies go thorough. I am lucky enough to be a full time stay at home mom, so I get to see everything for the first time! Yay me!

Lets start with the first month! Daniel was born on April 1, 2013 at 8:18 p.m, weighing 6.6! Oh, and he was 21 inches, a long little rugrat! My labor and delivery was very smooth, and I had a great team of nurses and doctors that I thank very much! I can't forget my husband, who was such a wonderful support through the whole thing. Not going to lie, I was praying hard that he didn't pass out, and my prayers were answered, he was awesome! We were both so relived once Daniel popped out, and looked forward to every moment with our loving son. We left the hospital on Wednesday, and I was immediately overwhelmed. My awesome mom stayed with us for a couple of nights, and I owe her big time for that! It was very touch and go that first week, I thought I was going to break him since he was so teeny! But we got through it, and now that I look back on it I laugh at how nervous nancy I was being :)

Daniel is such a sweet and happy baby. He is always smiling and giggling away. It makes me take a step back and realize how precious life is, and that we should cherish every moment.

So as the first month progressed, he grew and grew and grew! Since I am nursing him, I was at my wits end during his growth spurts, really wondering how I was going to make it through. It's not easy, and I doubted myself many times, but I pushed through and now I never want to give it up! For all you mommies out there, don't ever second guess yourself! God made you so that YOU can feed your own baby, not so a cow can make their food for you. I know it is hard, and it is very demanding, but if you push through the rough patches, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Daniel is very advanced, and I have to award that to the boobie milk because there is no other explanation!

During the first month he cooed and flashed small smiles here and there, and I was head over heels in love with my son! He slept for about 2 to 3 hours at a time, and when he wasn't sleeping he was eating as much as he could! He learned all the new spaces his arms and legs could stretch out to, and was swatting and kicking away. By the end of the first month, he weighed 9 pounds! He was also lifting himself up while on his tummy, and turning his head from side to side. I told you he is advanced :)

So the second month rolled around and he began learning more and more. He began sleeping 8 hours at night (YAY!). He found his hand and loves to suck his fingers all the time. He became very good at recognizing faces of people he sees often, as well as grabbing all of his toys and my hair! He started bearing weight on his legs while holding him up, laughing, and rolling on his side! His coos are the sweetest noises in the world, and he loves to talk! He will talk your ear off if you give him the chance. By the end of this month he weighed 11.8 pounds.

Well now we are in his third month of life and he is changing by the day! He rolls all over the place, giggles at everything, and smiles every chance he gets. He is now sleeping 11 hours through the night, he is so good to mommy! He learned to grab his feet, and is always playing with those little piggies. He is such a sweetheart and makes me laugh all the time!

So, now that we are all caught up I can keep these posts small from now on :) I hope everyone who reads this enjoys hearing about Daniel and his daily activities!!








































xoxo

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful recap of the birth of Daniel James, he is such a blessing and joy.
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete