Popular Posts

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 12: When I Grow Up

Oh boy. I think at one point I wanted to be everything under the sun. I'll start off with from what I can remember.

One Christmas my parents got me the greatest gift ever (well, it was to me). They got me a White/Chalk Board... Yes, the kind that real teachers have, but it was mini so it fit perfectly in my room. This was probably their best investment on me, since I got sooooo much use out of it. Once I got this board I instantly became a Teacher (in my mind). I would sit out my stuffed animals, but sometimes I would just pretend, and teach. I had all the fancy markers (those were my favorite). I would have my mom take me to the teaching store, where real teachers buy all their supplies, and I would buy all the supplies as if I had my own class! I had grade books, restroom passes, stickers, projector markers, workbooks, you name it.. I had it. I would spend HOURS in my room teaching, it was great. So I would have to say that I wanted to be a teacher first.


Next, would have to be the days where I wanted to be a Jockey. Yep, a Jockey, the ones in the Kentucky Derby. I started horseback riding around the age of 10, and LOVE it. I made my way up to jumping and galloping, it was amazing. I was convinced that my calling was to be a jockey. Well, I picked dance over riding, which leads to my next "wannabe" career.

Riverdance! In my step dance days, I was SURE that I was going to be a Riverdancer. For those of you who don't know what that is, youtube it :) I loved it so much, and when I saw them preform live, that settled my mind. Well, if you read one of my previous posts, you will know that I had an ankle injury. So there went Riverdance.

Those were all of my super serious choices, and I was definitely settled on each of them for a long time. In between and for the next years, I bounced around my options. Lawyer.. No, too much school. Teacher, nah.. I was a great teacher when I was 7. Doctor.. eh same amount of school as the lawyer, if not longer. Nurse. Yes!

When I entered high school, I joined the nursing program they had. I was in it for a year, but I had a "C" average, so I was not good enough. Well, screw them, because a C is the new A in College. I have my mind set on being a baby nurse. Especially after having my son, I am for sure set on this. I have about a year and a half left until I earn my RN. Yay!

For now, I am a full time mom, and I am LOVING it. There is no greater feeling than cuddling and spending time with ones you love most. It is such a rewarding job, it's not even a job. I absolutely every second of it!




No comments:

Post a Comment