Popular Posts

Monday, September 9, 2013

Day 9: Advice

I have received tons of advice over the years and especially after having Daniel. Most of the time I nod and say thank you, but I pay no attention. However, the best piece of advice I have received would have to be to take every moment for what it is. I posted an entry on realizing how precious time is, and that is so true. I now always take things as the come, good or bad, and make the best out of things. I've learned to look on the bright side, because there are many people out there that have it worse than most people do. I am very thankful for everything and everyone in my life right now, and that is a lot to be grateful for. I have a healthy son, a happy marriage, and a family full of support. If there is any advice I could give to someone it would be exactly what I relieved; never take anything to seriously, and appreciate things for what they are. 

Another piece of advice that I received pertains to breastfeeding. Don't give up, trust your instincts, and keep pushing. 
Nursing was very hard at first, your milk supply has to become established, and while that's happening you are worrying wether or not the baby is getting enough. It's very stressful, but I learned to just keep pushing, keep nursing, and everything will be fine. It's so easy to just give up, but I told myself this is what I wanted to do, so I did it. We are 5
Months strong and he is a nursing champ. It gets easier as the weeks progress, and I'm so glad I never gave up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment