Popular Posts

Friday, September 6, 2013

Day 5: I have a secret!


It's not really a secret if you know me very well, but for those who don't, here it is! I was an Irish Step Dancer. I have a very strong Irish background, and when I was younger I really enjoyed step dancing. I danced for Harling Irish Dance Academy and preformed as a dancer in the annual Renaissance Festival. I was the top medalist in my age devisions as well as an elite dancer for the academy. I really wanted to go to worlds, but unfortunately my dance ended abruptly when I tore the ligaments in my ankle. My ankle was able to completely dislocate from the socket, so I had to have surgery. After that, it made dancing hard because I was not able to "rock" and dance with loose ankles as you are supposed to. It was fun while it lasted, but it was upsetting the way it ended. Ill have to go through my scrapbook and find old pictures, since I'm doing this post from my phone :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment